How To Pass LET (Licensure Examination for Teachers)

Helpful Tips on Passing LET ( Licensure Examination for Teachers)

        Licensure Examination is not actually a metaphorical cliff of an educator's pursuit of the profession, in that, if one fails, his life will be disintegrated. In my perception, at first, it is, but I was wrong. I was so engrossed, couple of months before the board exam, by the erroneous belief that the result, if a disappointment, would cause a lot of psychological and social troubles that even suicide is a choice; much I think for those who graduated with highest academic distinctions. After passing it, I changed my view.

         In most perspectives, passing the board exam is difficult. Of course, otherwise everyone makes it. As per statistics revealed by the Professional Regulation Commission, during my time, of over fifty-thousands examinees for Secondary Education, more or less fifty percent passed. In some ways around, as they say, it's a matter of luck. In my experience, it's not. I think I invested so much in reading over and over again my LET Review books. Thanks to NCBTS LET Reviewer.

         I encourage examinees not to cheat themselves on the degree of preparedness and not just to listen to the voice of confidence. Overconfidence, partly, results into loss of interest to read more and of concentration to digest more what supposed to be. Sometimes, one must be on the state of hunger to strive harder. In our college, one must pass first the pre-board examination before his TOR (exclusive for LET) will be released. Others (who failed the pre-board), because of the belief that chances of passing the actual board exam are even more, they falsify their TOR's (availing services in Recto) and confidently file for licensure exam. Friends of mine did the thing, but only one passed it. Well, that's better for her, but how about the others (they just caused a very low performance of the college).

       LET items, especially Professional Education part, require depth of understanding and profound heart on various educational situations and on dealing with professional relationships. They do not actually evaluate your knowledge on different philosophies ( the -isms ), rather how an educator applies them in given complicated situations. Most items are given with conspicuous answers (the positive choices), however, others really demand critical and logical reasoning. In these cases, one must not take so much time thinking, let the instincts decide on the choice.

        I was already teaching in college when I took the LET. That was September 30, 2012, last year. I managed not to attend my Saturday classes so I could have a school visit at Central Colleges of the Philippines (CCP), the one near SM Sta. Mesa. It is, certainly advised for examinees to do the same for them not to waste time looking for the designated room right on the day of the exam (LET is always scheduled on Sunday).

          Well, I don't know if you will believe me, but it's true. We had a drinking session (with few bottles of Red Horse beer) the night before the exam, but the intoxication, I don't know, caused me to wake up as early as two o'clock. I couldn't wait for so long so I took a cab and lo! I was too early (3:30 am). Is there an exam? Well, definitely. I could not feel in the atmosphere there was, until few hours. Wow. The bottom line here is BE EARLY. But not so exaggerated as I did.

           The last I think is follow instructions. As might be expected, a machine will check your examination output. Imagine that almost all your answers are correct, and yet the machine rejects your paper...



31 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! im a pol sci grad, what will be my major then if i take LET?

Chel said...

well thank you for this. i have these worries in me because I will be taking LET this Sept? .... I have NCBTS reviewer also but some of the items confused me really because of their numbering errors... :/

Jeffrey G. Delfin said...

I think PRC will ask you to take Social Science.

leo burce said...

wow... i hope i will be fortunate as you!!!

leo burce said...

kinakabahan ako para sa september... grave!!! nagtuturo ako kaso di ko maasikaso ang pag rereview kasi ang layo sa major kung TLE nag tuturo ako now sa college...presure pa saken ito...

Anonymous said...

grab some mse reviewer

Anonymous said...

kaya ko to with God's guidance.

Philippines Online Reviewer said...

As a LET passer, I am encouraging everyone to make sure you don’t feel drowsy while taking the exam so you have enough time to answer all the test questions.

Btw, you can use my site in increasing your chances of passing a the LET exam. Please clink the link below.

http://www.philonlinereviewer.com/

Anonymous said...

hi i'm a internal auditing graduate (close to accountancy), what will be my major then if i take the licensure exam?

Anonymous said...

hi i'm a internal auditing graduate (close to accountancy), what will be my major then if i take the licensure exam?

Maria Regina Castillo said...

whew 15 days na lang at LET exam ko na po... kinakabahan na ng hindi mawari. kaya ko to with God's guidance...aja!!!!

Anonymous said...

sobrang kaba kasi pero kaya ko dahil para to sa anak ko at sa panginoon dios dahil gabayan nya ako sa oras at panahon nayon malapit natalaga ang let exam ilang tulog nalang

Anonymous said...

thanks a lot for the thoughts and experience you've shared...i learned a lot.

mayanne sandiego said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

we will be VICTORIOUS on & after sept. 29, in GOD's name

Anonymous said...

commit to the lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed! go for the gold! we all can make it!

Anonymous said...

[(LET)s'] pray for all the LET takers this september 29 '13 :) Nasa Diyos ang awa, nasa tao ang gawa. :)

Anonymous said...

"We can all do all things, through who really gives strength" - Phil 4:13

Anonymous said...

thank you Lord, for this website.. ang laki ng tulong.. Hi, just also click this link.. free reviewer din siya sa lahat ng magtatake ng LET.
http://www.philonlinereviewer.com/

Snake Eyes said...

Thanks for making this blog. Please allow me to share my story about how I passed the LET. Thank you Sir Marc!
http://diskorner.blogspot.com/2013/10/how-i-passed-licensure-examination-for.html

nalen said...

Where I can find NCBTS Reviewer?
I also took LET last September 30, 2012 but suddenly not given a chance that is why I am going to have my 2nd retake LET exam on January. I need to strive hard beacuse my score last year is very close to passing rate that is 74.56%, I hope these Test samples that you have in your Blog would help as well as the NCBTS Reviewer please kindly let me know where I can buy one. Thank God Bless :)

Anonymous said...

Im a psychology graduate ano ung magiging major q if i will take let on january? Thanks.

Irish Gumaat said...

I feel afraid for the fast approaching LET Exam.. Hope i can do it..........................

Anonymous said...

thanks...................................for sharing

Anonymous said...

TLE also

Rickee Cayme said...

Thanks sir for this write-up. It encourages me for our assessment examination.

Anonymous said...

fpls send the complete set of the reviewer...bernadettesilao0421@yahoo.com...pls...

Chen said...

hello po! AB English graduate po ako nung 2009 pa. Meron po bang mabibili na LET reviewer for English & Literature majors? saan na man po mabibili? maraming salamat po :)

Jhon Jhon Millare said...

Social Studies/History major..

franklin said...

Hello poh. Im a Nursing Graduate, kumukuha po ako ngayon ng units ko ng educ. Paano poh ang itatake ko na exam sooner? wala po akong ka idea idea :0

franklin said...

Hello poh. Im a Nursing Graduate, kumukuha po ako ngayon ng units ko ng educ. Paano poh ang itatake ko na exam sooner? wala po akong ka idea idea :0